Back to Team
Back to Team
- Svetoslav Stankov
- Jan. 1999 - Feb. 2003
PhD student at the University of Sofia, Bulgaria.
"Investigation of the polarization and photochromatic effects in nitroprusside complexes by angle-dependent Mössbauer spectroscopy" - graduated with distinction.
Supervisor-Prof. Dr. V. Rusanov
- Oct. 2001 - July 2002
Visiting PhD student in the group of Prof. Dr. A. X. Trautwein at the University of Lübeck, Germany. One-year research grant by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Sep. 1991 - July 1996
MSc engineer-physicist in "nuclear technique and nuclear power engineering" at the University of Sofia, Bulgaria.
- July 2013 – present
KIT Associate Fellow (participation in the promotion of PhD, Master and Bachelor students at KIT).
- May 2010 - present
Group leader of NANODYNAMICS – a Helmholtz-University Young Investigators Group.
- July 2012 - present
- Group leader of the Nano Characterization group at the Institute for Photon Science and Synchrotron Radiation, KIT.
- June 2009 - June 2012
- Group leader of Nanolabs at ISS/ANKA, KIT – a group comprising three research laboratories: UHV Analysis lab, MOVPE lab, KNMF-ANKA materials for energy lab.
- Oct. 2008 - May 2009
- Scientist at Institute for Synchrotron Radiation (ISS), KIT.
- March 2006 - Sep. 2008
Postdoctoral scientist at the Nuclear Resonance Group (ID18/22N) of the ESRF, Grenoble, France.
Investigation of magnetic and dynamic properties of thin films and nanostructures by in-situ nuclear resonant scattering.
- March 2003 - Feb. 2006
Postdoctoral scientist at the University of Vienna (group of Prof. Gero Vogl), permanently working at the Nuclear Resonance Group (ID18/22N) of the ESRF.
- Design, setup, and commissioning of a complex UHV system for sample preparation (MBE) and in-situ characterisation (AES, LEED, RHEED, XRD, XRR).
- Application of synchrotron radiation based scattering and spectroscopic techniques to study magnetism and dynamics in ultra-thin Fe films.
Awards and Honours
- May 2010
- Helmholtz-University Young Investigator Prize.
- Oct. 2001
- Research fellow of the German Academic Exchange Service.